DEFYING THE ROD (FRONT – Right Pistol Against Your Chest)
- Pivot counterclockwise to form a left front rotating twist stance (in-place) as you execute a left outward hooking parry (like a waiter carrying a tray) to the inside and on tope of the opponent’s right hand. Your right hand is positioned in front of your solar plexus.
- Grab on top of the opponent’s right hand (at the pistol) as you execute a right front snapping ball kick to the opponent’s groin simultaneously with a right two-finger poke to the opponent’s eyes.
- Plant your right foot forward toward 11:00 and form a right neutral bow stance to buckle the inside of the opponent’s right knee as you execute a right inward downward forearm strike to the opponent’s right forearm to force his upper body forward. Simultaneously pull the opponent’s right arm diagonally downward toward your left hip with your left hand. Immediately follow with a right upward flapping elbow strike to the underside of the opponent’s chin.
- Grab and remove the pistol from the opponent’s right hand with your right hand as you maintain the grab with your left hand. Immediately step back with your right foot toward 6:00 to form a left neutral bow stance facing 12:00 as you execute a right outward downward diagonal pistol strike to the back and left side of the opponent’s neck.
- Execute a right front knee kick to the opponent’s sternum as you pull the opponent downward. With your right leg still in the air, circle your right arm counterclockwise and execute a right inward overhead hammering pistol strike to the opponent’s spine (directly opposite the sternum) to create a sandwiching effect. Immediately deliver a right front snapping instep kick to the opponent’s groin. Your left hand will check the opponent’s right shoulder throughout.
- From Point of Contact, immediately deliver a right side snapping knife-edge kick to the inside of the opponent’s left knee.
- From Point of Contact, execute a right front crossover toward 4:30. With your right foot still in motion, circle your right arm counterclockwise and deliver a right outward pistol strike to the outside and underside of the opponent’s right elbow. Your left hand acts as a high positional check. As your right foot plants into the left rear twist stance, retrieve your right hand to your chest and execute a right outward downward diagonal pistol strike to the opponent’s head.
- Pivot counterclockwise and deliver a left spinning back heel kick to any available opening.
- From Point of Contact, execute a left front crossover toward 6:00 as simultaneously grab the barrel of the gun with your left hand to transfer the weapon into the palm of your right. Step out with your right foot toward 6:00 to face 12:00 in a left neutral bow stance as you drop your left hand down below the level of the weapon to act as a check. Point the weapon toward the opponent.